New photos added daily. Check out our new Rendezvous 2014 photos here.
Fort Bridger Rendezvous Association
Contract Position Announcement
Posted: April 10th 2014
Contract compensation: $800/monthly, starting. (After probationary period)
Description: The Secretary Treasurer is a non-voting member of the FBRA Board of Directors. It is also one of the “Officers of the Board” which includes the Chairman, Booshway, Segundo and Secretary/Treasurer. The Secretary/Treasurer answers to the Officers of the Board and Board of Directors. The Secretary/Treasurer may only be appointed or removed by a 2/3 majority vote of the entire Board of Directors.
Minimum of 3 year commitment/ Rendezvous experience preferred.
This is the only compensated member of the Board of Directors. Compensation is on a “contract for services” basis. The position is not an “employee” and the FBRA pays no benefits and makes no withholdings for income taxes. These are the responsibility of the contractor. The Secretary/Treasurer is not compensated additionally for mileage to monthly meetings or rendezvous but may be compensated for mileage to “special” or additional meetings.
• Have no criminal record
• Be able to attend the Fort Bridger Rendezvous from the Tuesday before Labor Day through the Tuesday following Labor Day. Attend monthly meeting at varying locations. Attend additional meetings as assigned.
• Set up and maintain a “Registration” office or site during the Rendezvous and close down registration after the rendezvous
• Keep minutes and records of meetings.
• Be “customer service” oriented, maintaining a professional and courteous attitude toward customers, members, co-workers and board members.
• Be able to communicate well in person, over the phone and in writing. Have the ability to handle confrontation and crisis while remaining calm and able to negation solutions.
• Be able to receive and process written, electronic and telephone communications on behalf of the FBRA.
• Be able to write contracts concerning people or organizations providing services for the FBRA or receiving services from the FBRA
• Have a working knowledge of business related accounting and financial record keeping. Be able to accept payments, make deposits, pay bills and provide accurate monthly reports involving several bank accounts and receipts of expenditures.
• Have a working knowledge of electronic/computerized accounting, writing, and mass communication programs.
• Keep records and provide documentation as necessary to maintain the FBRA’s incorporation and 501c3 nonprofit status.
• Accept, process and maintain records of applicants participating in various portions of the rendezvous to include campers, traders etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must submit a resume by e-mail to email@example.com prior to Midnight on June 30th, 2014. Applicants must attend the FBRA Board/ Membership meeting to be held at Fort Bridger State Historic Site on Saturday July 12th 2014. Interviews of all applicants will be conducted by the Board of Directors on that day. Arrive prior to 10 am and plan on attending the meeting. After interviews a new secretary will be selected at this time.
Training /probation period
The new secretary selected will be required to train with the current secretary until November 1st 2014 this will be a probationary period. The new secretary will be required to attend all meeting and any other training required by the board of directors. The new secretary will be required to attend the 2014 Fort Bridger Rendezvous from Tuesday August 26t to Tuesday September 2nd 2014. Compensation will be $400. per month during the training and probation period. At the November 1st meeting the new secretary’s job performance will be reviewed by the board of directors and wage adjusted.
Rendezvous weekend Offsite flatlander (public) camping now available
Travel Trailers, Motorhomes, & Tents all welcome
Location is just west of the Fort Bridger state park
Check out their web site for more information